February 2, 2019. The sky was dressed in various greys. And it threw gusts of rain curtains and little points of hail, which gave that typical touch to our beautiful city. From Jaén, Barcelona, Soria, Valladolid, Donostia, Zaragoza, Valencia, Castellón, Derio, Tolosa, Logroño, Madrid, Pamplona… straight lines were being drawn, and curves that were eagerly approaching, with colored markers, with ipads, notebooks and eager to see each other, devirtualize and share.
We celebrated the first #Bilbao #VisualDayEguna. Organized by AulaBlog and Muxote Potolo Bat, a> the more than 120 people summoned there, we had the objective of deepening and talking about the contribution of VisualThinking, which we defined as a universal language, in the learning processes.
We were connected by the passion for Visual Thinking and the conviction of wanting to deepen the use of this language in our classrooms, our teams, our relationships, our companies and organizations, for five simple (and very profound) reasons that emerged from the four presentations and the five workshops that we heard and experienced:
- Gets attention, favors alignment and has the power to “hook” and commit r to the people who participate in the space that uses this language. It contributes enormously to teamwork.
- It allows us to retain and memorize the information with greater power. Synthesize it. And communicate it with a greater impact.
- Connect ideas, connect people, connect times, connect words and also… it makes visible and connects us with silence (powerful “word”). And it allows us, from there to integrate and promote, and respond to the diversity of which we are a part (people, realities, approaches…)
- It is a language that connects us (in-out), that allows us to visualize scenarios (and place ourselves in them) and from there propose future scenarios. At the same time, it is a powerful methodology that offers specific tools that opt for order and structure. And from there we generate syntheses and narratives of meaning.
- And those visual narratives reveal the intangibles, highlight the nuances, and open paths for novelty to emerge.
And all this, enjoying the meeting. To face us To stain our fingers. Of cooking possibilities. Celebrating (us) and grateful for so much good shared.
A round day. Well framed. triangulating ideas. Drawing connection lines. Focusing on the key points. And scribbling the possibility.
Eager for more: See you next year! laser art! And meanwhile… a lot of Visual Thinking!!
Photo by: Josu Garro
GraphicRecording by @muxotepotolobat @IratxeFdezMpb
Video by Josi Sierra (@josi)
Video made by eduardomunilla.com